Friday, July 29, 2016

Me, Motherhood, and Learning to thrive

Brian
Tyler
Katie 
Julia

"I can't help but get all sentimental looking at these four beautiful names. The names who make me a Momma. I just get overwhelmed when I stop and reaaaalllyyy think about what I have been given. They make me want to be better---The best version of myself. So that I can fully serve THEM better. For so long, I have "unhealthily" found my identity solely in being a mother. I didn't allow myself to be anything else. My good days and bad days all revolved around if I was "good enough" or if I measured up to this misconception of what I thought a good mom should be. 
But over the last several months, the Lord has been teaching me that when I find my true identity in Him, I am most satisfied. 
He created me with specific gifts/interests that allow my soul to thrive. And it's when I allow myself to do some of those things, I am a better Mom. 
I love people. Like really, really love people. They rejuvenate and energize me, so I have found I need to cultivate more relationships. I love to give gifts. One sure way to lift my spirits quickly is to go buy a gift for someone. I love to decorate and have order in my home. When my home is cozy and inviting, it brings me so much joy and frees me up to love and serve others well. Those are just a few things that make me "me," and it's been a blessing to see how God has revived some of those desires and longings in my heart. What makes you a #MomAndMore? I would love to hear what makes your heart beam?!"   Elizabeth Sirven  @myfourarrows  


"Only one life, twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last..."

"A man without a vision for his future, always returns to his past."

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you have now was once among the things you nearly hoped for."  -Epicurus

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Over a year ago, I took an online class that changed my perspective no how to life a more full, balanced life.  I still have areas of my life to work on, but it's nice to know that I can look back on this course and remember some tips.

Every Branch Thriving Life Course Review
1. My biggest takeaway from the Thriving Life Course was realizing how my was life was so out of balance!  I had been obseesed for years in building my identity mainly on being a talented, sought out professional photographer.  I know I have been distracted for a few years focusing on perfecting my photography skills, my people skills, even my likability as a woman in the vast world of professional photographers. My lightbulb moment was realizing how I want "my tree" too look beautiful and full of rich experiences and fulfilling relationships.  It was the time to lessen my focus on the need to be recognized as a professional photographer.  The Thriving Life course sure made me think about visualizing and planning out the life I really and truly want.  Thank you, Every Branch and Brooke Snow for creating this amazing course!

2.  I have approached life drastically different after taking the course.  I now tend to let life unfold more naturally instead of forcing things to happen.  I have been working hard on spending more quality time with my family and have made several new friends too!  I am picking up new hobbies that I have been sure to carve time out for.  Life is now way more fulfilling for me!

3.  I would totally recommend this course to an overwhelmed friend.  I think so many people get overwhelmed with social media, comparing themselves, and thinking their own life they are leading is lacking.  The Thriving Life course so easily explains how to rethink the structure of your life and how to plan and carry out your own thriving life.  Hands down, I give this course FIVE STARS!!!


- Lisa Ward 
lisawardphotography.blogspot.com

No comments: