Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

So yeah... I had a birthday.  A REALLY B.I.G. birthday.  The kind of birthday that makes many people (especially women) start to feel old.  It starts with a ___ and ends with a 0.  Can you guess how old I am now?

That's right.  30 years old.

Wow!  I can't believe I'm that old.  And truthfully speaking, I'm quite excited to be 30.  I'm going to see if my 30's can top my 20's... which isn't impossible, but will be difficult.  In my early 20's, I was a college student who fell in love and got married to her best friend.  In my 20's, I not only became a wife, I also became a mother.   I have 3 awesome kids who are my pride and joy.   I learned that photography and blogging are my creative outlets.  I also learned that there is no place like home.  I love making our home a haven.  I wonder what more discoveries I will make about myself in the next 10 years?!

I was totally spoiled on my birthday.  I received well over 100 Happy Birthday wishes on Facebook.  I received some sweet cards from family.  My sweet grandma came and babysat so Sam could take me to dinner at Texas Roadhouse.

Sam and the kids totally spoiled me a couple months ago by allowing me to go to Me Ra Koh's Confidence Workshop in California.  And if that wasn't enough, Sam surprised the family with a TRAMPOLINE!  He ordered it online, had it delivered and all set up while I was on my trip.  It's a great gift and our family just loves it!

So here's to a new decade!

No comments: