Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Our GrOOvY Night

Jenny and Seth are so awesome and watched our three kiddos for us so that Sam and I could have a night out on the town.  It was our first time ever to Las Vegas and we decided to live it up for the night.  We drove over to The Strip and parked in the parking garage of The Mirage.  We then picked up our tickets for the Cirque du Soleil - The Beatles Love show.  Sam insisted on buying himself a $3 bag of Skittles at the concession stand.  The murals in the lobby of the theater looked really groovy... colorful wavy patterns on the wall.  I wish I had a picture of the ushers, they were dressed up pretty crazy.  
 The stage is in the center of the theater so the audience is seated all around the stage.  Everyone gets a great view of the show.  We sat in the middle section of the audience.  As expected, music of the show was all The Beatles greatest hits.  Several songs sounded familiar and brought me back to my high school choir days.  The costumes were very loud and had bold colorful patterns... some were very whimsical too!  The show was full of energy and was very entertaining.  The acrobatics were amazingly out of control and riveting to witness, especially when they'd be on a bungee cord doing stunts in the air!  The couple sitting next to us were in their late 50's I'd guess.  They were singing along, tapping their feet, raising their hands up in the air, and on their feet... definite lovers of The Beatles.        

We walked up and down The Strip.  The famous Bellagio fountains were my favorite sight.  It was neat to see the fountains all lit up and timed just right to "dance to the music." 


I am not the world's most graceful person, that's for sure.  Sam and I were walking down The Strip and reached the corner by the Hard Rock Cafe.  I looked to my right to read at the words on a money jar that a "mannequin" was holding.  Who knew that just by having my eye linger a little too long on the words would cause me to SCREAM in shock?!  The Silver body painted ELVIS impersonator reached his hand out and said "Hello!"  Man alive, I freaked out!  I'm glad I could be the source of laughter for other innocent bystanders.  One man even told me, "You grew by two feet when Elvis told you 'Hello!'"

And so ends our GrOOvY night.

6 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Those fountain pictures are lovely, good job friend!

That sounds like a magical night for sure, how romantic. Did I miss something when did you go to Vegas?

Janette said...

Lisa,

It looks like you and Sam had a wonderful time in Las Vegas. Thanks for posting the photos and the comments about the fun you had. It made me laugh reading about the Elvis impersonator.

Love,
Aunt Janette

becky ward said...

ok...i'm with you now. you were in vegas visiting your sister. the last couple posts confused me. what a fun get away.

Lisa said...

Jenny- Thanks for the compliment on the fountain pictures. They were just taken with my inexpensive point and shoot camera. Our family went to Vegas over Presidents weekend. Brian skipped two extra days of school. It was way fun.

How did you like your photography class?

The Child Family said...

How fun- I did the same thing in vegas with the "mannequins"- glad i'm not the only one that gets freaked out by real people that shouldn't be :)
love the pics of Bellagio

Charee B Mcclellan said...

what a great time you guys had! jealous!