Sunday, August 31, 2008

Western Van Wie Family Reunion



Yesterday, we had a family reunion for all the Van Wie Family that lives out West. My Uncle Neil and Aunt Nan drove up from Arizona and we all met at my cousin, Jerry's fabulous new house. My little family of 4 was there of course as well as my older sister, Amy. I hadn't seen my cousin Jerry since I was 8 years old! Now, Jerry is married to his beautiful wife, Marla and they have 9 kids. It was fun to get to meet his big family and get to know them better. Brian had a blast playing with Jerry's boy, Hunter. Hunter is only 10 days older than Brian. We had a delicious meal: pulled BBQ pork sandwiches, mac and cheese, chips, fruit salad, etc. After dinner, we listened to Aunt Nan, Jerry, and Aubri (Jerry's oldest daughter) play a musical number. It was very nice and they played this same piece in church earlier today. Later on, the kids played in the backyard and we had some tasty treats. I made brownies with extra chocolate chips. I'm glad that we could get together and wish that more of the family could have been there. We'll all have to get together again soon!

No comments: