Sunday, March 23, 2014

Relief Society Spotlight

1. Your Full Name:  Lisa Kay Ward (Maiden Name: Hallstrom)

2.  Where were you born?  Hillsburo, Oregon
Where did you grow up?  Elmira, New York

3.  How many brothers and sisters do you have?  I have 2 older sisters, Amy and Emily, 2 younger sisters, Jenny and Laura, and 3 younger brothers, Michael, Mark, and Ryan.
Where do you fit in oldest/youngest?  I am the third oldest.

4.  If you have children how many?  Names and ages.
I have 2 boys and 2 girls.  Brian is 9, Tyler is 6, Katie is 3, and Julia is 7 months.

5.  What are some of the different places you have lived?  
Horseheads, New York
Elmira, New York
Rexburg, Idaho
Jacob Lake, Arizona
Ogden, Utah
Pleasant Grove, Utah
What was your favorite place?  My parents’ home they had in Elmira, New York.
Why?  The large cedar sided house was situated on 6 ½ acres in the woods on top of one of the rolling hills in upstate New York.  It was a beautiful and unique home.  The large windows and skylights let so much natural light fill that home.  When it would snow, the snow would pile up on the skylights and we’d feel like we were snowed in.  And when there were thunderstorms, the whole house would light up when there was lightning.  We also enjoyed seeing deer and other wildlife in our own backyard.  Many of my fondest childhood memories were made in that house.   It was the perfect place for my parents to raise their 8 children.  

6.  Your favorite color?  red

7.  Your favorite food?  I have too many favorites to just pick one.  I have a sweet tooth and enjoy most desserts.  Also, I love Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad, Razzmatazz Jamba Juice, Steak, Mashed Potatoes, and those rolls from Texas Roadhouse.

8.  What are some things you enjoy doing?  photography, instagramming, baking, blogging, crafting, reading self-help books, hanging out with my family

9.  Share one of your most embarrassing moments.  Sam’s work friend invited us over for a game night with his wife.  I had never met the couple.  When we all decided on playing the word game, Boggle, I was excited.  Anyone that knows me well, knows that I can be quite competitive, especially when it comes to word games.  Before we started the first round of Boggle, I felt the urge to brag.  I said, “Uh, you all better watch out!  I play this game all the time with my family and I always win.  My Grandma Jean is the only person who can beat me.”  Well, I sure felt humiliated later on when this couple totally dominated the game!  They must have been practicing Boggle in their sleep, they were that good!    

10.  Share something about you that no one would know about.  When I was 13, I was randomly selected to attend a local Aviation Camp with 30 other 8th grade girls from 8 nearby schools.  We learned all about the history of flight, the principles of flight, and more.  The highlights of the camp were the two days we were able to fly… one day was soaring in a glider and the other day was flying in a small single engine airplane that seated four people.  I was able to sit up next to the pilot and FLY the plane for a few minutes!  I was an amazing experience being up so high up in the air seeing my hometown from a new perspective.

11.  Share a dream that you have, something you would like to do or see some day.  A dream that I have is to own my own photography business, most likely when my children are older.  Also, I want to go skydiving with my husband in Hawaii and then vacation there for a month.

12.  Name a movie or a book that best describes your life.  I have no idea.

13.  What are some of the callings you have had in the church?  2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency, Primary Teacher, Relief Society Instructor, Cub Scout Wolf Den Leader, Young Womens Secretary, Ward Historian.  
Which was your favorite?  2nd Counselor in the Primary   
Why?  I became good friends with the women that I served with.  It was also nice to not have to prepare a Primary lesson every week!  It was fun to prepare Primary activities for the kids and see their excitement for learning the gospel.

14.  Who is your favorite Latter-day prophet and why?  Gordon B. Hinckley.  He was the prophet when I was growing up and I loved his positive outlook on life.  I collect quotes and Gordon B. Hinckley’s quotes are some of my favorites.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

First of all, I totally stink at Boggle. As soon as the timer starts, I get all nervous and the letters start swirling around making me dizzy. Second, that's so cool that you went to the aviation camp and got to fly! Also, I didn't know you were born in Oregon. it was fun to learn more about you!