Monday, July 30, 2012

Family Bonding Time - Bonus NY Photo Edition

My baby sister, Laura is getting married this week!  
I'm so excited for Laura and Brant.  
It will be fun to see so much family this week as well.  
Let the wedding festivities begin!  
Anyway, I found these photos on my phone the other day.  
They were taken way back in February when we were in New York for Emily and Nate's wedding.  Enjoy! 
Story Time with Uncle Mike
(a story about construction and one of my personal childhood favorites, "Dooly and the Snortsnoot")

"Reading should not be presented to children as a chore or a duty. 
It should be offered to them as a precious gift."  
~Kate DiCamillo

Grandma Hallstrom LOVES Katie.
(Katie loved having Grandma tease her with this book.
Gently opening and closing the pages on her little hands made her giggle.)

Chillin' with Gma

Grandpa knows best.  My boys LOVE paper airplanes.  
They had fun seeing who could throw their planes the furthest.
I'm sad that my kids deleted THE BEST video of my dad pretending he was the announcer 
from the air traffic control tower dictating the order the planes could take off.

Brian Escapes The Birthday Trap

I remember my dad using his fatherly strength to teach us a lesson.
The lesson being that we can do hard things.
We can even get out of a twisted up mess if we use our strength and determination.

It was so fun to be HOME with my parents and some of my siblings for a few days.
It had been 2 1/2 years since our last trip to New York.
My parents don't live near any of their grandkids,
so it was especially fun for me to see my parents enjoying time with my kids.
I can't wait to see everyone this week!

No comments: