Friday, March 09, 2012

Traveling Across the Country with 3 Kids...

in the middle of the night is rough.
@ 2am on the flight to the JFK airport, Katie was STILL awake and crying uncontrollably. 
We're SO glad my sister, Laura sat by us and helped out with the kids.
 Waiting (unpatiently) for our next flight.
Pretty Sunrise @ JFK airport
JFK airport has it figured out! Two thumbs up!
This play place helped the boys get their wiggles out.

 Our flights back to UT were MISERABLE.  Tyler did awesome and slept almost the whole time.  Brian irritated us with lots of questions and some crying (he thought the plane was going too fast).  And poor Katie, THREW up 3 times on the plane.  We resorted to using my hoody sweatshirt to keep her warm once we ran out of clothes for her.  We pulled into our garage at 2:10am (4:10am NY time).  It took me about a week to recover from that night of traveling.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you made it out here and I'm glad you had Laura to help. How was the trip back without her? At least it wasn't in the middle of the night, right? Traveling cross-country with three kids is not something I look forward to. Last time we visited Spokane, we only had two and it was still harrowing. Maybe we'll just stick to the East Coast from here on out!

Lisa said...

Lindsay- The way back to UT was MISERABLE. Tyler did awesome and slept almost the whole time. Brian irritated us with lots of questions and some crying (he thought the plane was going too fast). And poor Katie, THREW up 3 times on the plane. We resorted to using my hoody sweatshirt to keep her warm once we ran out of clothes for her. We pulled into our garage at 2:10am.

Mrs N said...

Shudder. I'm sorry. You just reinforced my strong aversion to flying cross-country with my kids. My parents can fly out here!