Monday, December 05, 2011

Inspiring Blog Posts

Nothing is Really Routine - a blog post from the blog, Wild and Precious.  This post reminded me that everything I do with my family and friends is building up a relationship. 

Holidays, Intentional: Hallmark - a blog post from one of my favorite blogs, Enjoying the Small Things.  This post reminds me that I'm not the only one who gets kind of sad to live so far away from most of my family.  Living so far away from family is especially hard around the holidays.  As parents, it's our job to carry on the family holiday traditions we enjoyed growing up.  I love the term "Holiday Matriarch" that Kelle used/made up.  I am the Holiday Matriarch in my family and I feel that I'm doing a darn good job at carrying out and creating new family traditions.

** The lady who wrote the Hallmark blog post above, also planned and hosted the most magical Christmas party at her Florida home, A Party at the North Pole.   You won't regret reading all about about the sweet details of the party, seeing her fantastic photos, and imagining how much your own kids would just LOVE a party like this!

Sidenote:
Don't my PJ pants and fuzzy slippers look so festive for the holidays?! 
I'm gonna let you in on a little secret of mine... I'm totally one of those moms that rolls out of bed at 7:30am, throws on these fuzzy slippers, my warm purple fuzzy hoody zip up sweater, and rushes her kids around in order to get Brian to school.  So what if I don't brush my teeth or my hair.  So what if I don't have my contacts in yet, or have any makeup on.  I'm comfortable and as well rested as I can get.  I'm happy (and I do get around to making myself look and smell presentable).  So, neighbors, if you happen to pass by our silver minivan when dropping off your kids at school, look over my way (I'll be the one in glasses with my purple hood on my head).  I'll wave (or maybe toot the horn, or blink the lights) to let you know that I see you too!   Just KIR (keepin' it real)... please tell me that I'm not the only mom who will admit to rolling out of bed on school days!

1 comment:

Giles Fam said...

I'll totally be there with you next year when I take Cali to school in the morning! :)