Sunday, December 04, 2011

Flat Stanley

A couple months ago, we received a very special envelope in the mail.  Inside, there was a letter describing this FLAT STANLEY character.  We had fun hosting FLAT STANLEY at our home and showing him around our town.  We wrote a letter and mailed pictures back to Kaylee's first grade class.  (Oh, and Stephanie, if you're reading this, don't show Kaylee this yet because I'm sure the letter hasn't made it to her school!)

November 30, 2011

Dear First Grade Class-
     Hi kids!  I've had a really fun time visiting Logan, Utah.  I'm so glad that Kaylee decided to sent me here.  The family I've been staying with has showed me all over town.  I saw the Logan Temple, the Utah State University campus, went to the mall, and went down this big, red, twisty slide at the park.  The family I've been staying with also has a first grader.  His name is Brian.  You can see Brian in the background in some of the pictures I sent.  
 
I listened to Brian read!  He's a great reader.

Do you want to know my favorite place of all on my visit in Logan, Utah?  I loved being home hanging out in their tiny Christmas tree.  Just sitting up there in the branches admiring the pretty lights and ornaments made me happy.
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!  I can't wait for my next set of adventures in a new city.


Love, 
FLAT STANLEY

2 comments:

Ali said...

I got this in the mail just two days ago. I'm excited. I think he'll come along with us to Oregon and ride an airplane:)

Lisa said...

Have fun in Oregon with Flat Stanley :)