Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

"I doubt there is such a thing as a measure of spirituality - but if there is, gratitude would be it.

Only the grateful are paying attention.

They are grateful because they pay attention, and they pay attention because they are grateful."

- Barnes, the Pastor as Minor Poet, quoted by Douglas Wilson
 Tyler's Preschool Turkey

I had a delightful Thanksgiving weekend with my family.  We had a scrumptiousThanksgiving dinner at Sam's parents' house.  I brought some rolls and our famous homemade chocolate chip cookies.


I finally got to hold our niece, Zoey.  She's 12 weeks old.  I promise to get a picture of me holding Zoey when we're back down there over Christmas break.  Sam and I stayed up late watching the newest Pirates of the Caribean movie with his parents and sister, Laura.  I fell asleep towards the end of the movie.  We stayed over one night.  The next day, the boys helped Grandma set up for Christmas.

On our way home, we stopped in Salt Lake for a little Christmas shopping and to show the kids the Christmas lights on Temple Square.  It was our kids' first time seeing Temple Square all lit up for the holidays.  We almost didn't stop because we couldn't find a decent place to park.  On our final lap around the Conference Center block, the stars aligned right when Brian started bawling in the back seat from severe frustration and disappointment.  A car was just leaving and it was the most perfect spot.  All we had to do was cross the street.  
 This photo was taken from our parked van.  From this angle, you can't see the how lit up Temple Square is.  
But trust me, it is magnificent.

We didn't have the double stroller with us, so I knew that with our two crazy boys, it'd be ridiculous to try and bring the camera along.  Katie did just fine in the umbrella stroller.  The kids LOVED the whole experience.  It wasn't too cold out there.  It was actually quite pleasant (for November in Utah).  I did snap a couple of bad quality photos of the area around our van right before we drove away.
I am thankful for my life.  My little family loves having a home of our own that is filled with love and laughter.  I feel so blessed to be married to my best friend and to have three adorable kids.  
Another beautiful sunset view right out of my front door!  Love it!

1 comment:

Janette said...

Wow, that view is beautiful.