Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Crock Pot Season

After a long day home with the kids, 
 I like to sit down and enjoy a nice meal with my family.
Do you have any favorite meals or desserts that you like to make this time of year?
If so, please share the recipes with us. 
Fall is in full swing at our house.  Sam has been working long days for the past couple months.  
We've made it a point to eat dinner together as a family.  Most nights, it's around 7pm when we eat.  
Katie (17 months) and Me - Oct. 2011

Here are a couple of our favorite crock pot recipes.  Enjoy!  

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
by: Lisa Ward

2 large chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into bite size pieces
12+ chopped baby carrots
2-3 chopped celery stalks
1-2 large potatoes, chopped into bite size pieces
chopped onion to taste (optional)
2 cans of condensed Campbell soup of your choice (I like to mix up 2 kinds of soup like cheddar cheese soup and cream of chicken soup or whatever sounds good together. You don't need to add any water). 
Swanson Chicken Broth (Mix some in with the soup before turning on the crock pot).
Egg Noodles

Put all ingredients in the crock pot (except for the chicken and the egg noodles). Mix well. Turn crock pot on to low and cook for several hours (5-7 hours).  For the last hour or so of cooking, put the chicken in the crock pot with the soup so it can heat up.   I cook my egg noodles on the stove when the soup is about done and add the fully cooked noodles to the crock pot. The soup is done when the carrots and potatoes taste done. Enjoy! 

Santa Fe Chicken
By: Tammy Messick (Jenny Olson's friend)

4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can full of frozen corn
4 oz. cream cheese (cut into chunks)

Serve with:
rice or tortillas

Put all items in crock pot except for cream cheese. Cook on high for 3 to 3 ½ hours. Add cream cheese and stir. Cook for one more hour on high. Serve over rice or in tortilla. (We serve it over rice).

Seasoned Pork Roast and Rice
By: Lindsay Farnsworth

1 boneless center cut pork loin roast
16 oz. bottle of Zesty Italian dressing
1 clove garlic
1/4 C. chopped onion
rice
Swanson beef broth

Put all the ingredients in the crock pot (except for the rice) on low for 5-7 hours. About 30 minutes before pork is done, cook rice on stove top in beef broth instead of water. Serve pork over rice. (This meal serves several people).

4 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

My favorite fall recipe is good use of the squash family.

Spaghetti squash spaghetti
pretty much bake the squash at 350 for an hour with a little water on the bottom. Then add sauce and cheese after taking the squash apart.

Another one is zucchini lasagna. You take the zucchini (I like them more smaller than a foot long) slice them about 1/8 inch thick.
put favorite sauce and place a 1/3 cup on the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking and burning.
Layer as you would a normal lasagna. Then serve. IT IS SO GOOD!

Mmmmmmm oh Pumpkin soup. But that is usually pretty hard to make and I usually only eat it once. BTW Assiago cheese ontop is to die for. Just sayin.
Sorry I really dont have much use of recipes for fall. LOL

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh I am so happy for these recipes, I just love a good crockpot recipe, can't wait to try these out friend!

I have a few good ones but I am too lazy to get up right now and go get them. It's the country music awards right now and I am mighty happy on the couch but I will give them to you soon. We should do a recipe swap one of these days!

Rafa and Rosanne said...

I was just telling my mom I need some crock pot recipes for when I go back to work! Your chicken soup you said you cook the chicken first but then still cook it all on low for 5-7 hours? Thanks for the recipes! :)

Bethany said...

They all sound great! I think I will have to give them a try.