Saturday, July 05, 2008

A Day at the Beach!

 

We drove through the Logan Canyon to Bear Lake this afternoon. It was a very beautiful drive. And what a big lake! We had never been to Bear Lake before. I wanted to stay for a week and soak up the sun. As you can tell, we could all use some sun. We were the whitest people there which didn't shock me. I kept making fun of my boys and calling them my pastey white boys. Hopefully we'll all have good tans by the end of the summer. The lake was Tyler's first experience with a big body of water. (He hasn't even been in a swimming pool yet). Tyler seemed to enjoy standing on the shore, sticking his feet in the sand, and let the water come crashing in. Brian had a blast. He kept saying "lake" and "beach" as we were in the car. He had no clue what was in store for him. He went way out in the water with his dad. They disappeared the second we got there. He dug big holes in the sand and played on the nearby playground too. We'll be returning to Bear Lake real soon :D
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

How FUN! We will be going there this next week for a Family Reuion. SO I am really looking forward to it. I hope that you will return because I have only been there once and that was our honeymoon like eight years ago :O

Koreena said...

That looks like so much fun! Maybe we should take Matty sometime.

Ali said...

Bear Lake is bigger than I've always pictured it. It looks like an absolute blast! If it were up to me, I'd live on a lake...not the beach--it's much less intimidating. I so want to go here someday- cute pictures too! You may be the whitest (I always am when I go to the beach)...but at least you prob. all have the healthiest skin!!

becky ward said...

we have never been to bear lake either..., but i hear that it's a fun place to play because the water is pretty shallow and goes on that way forever! looks like you guys had a great time.

Here Dwells Happiness said...

Bear Lake is such a fun place to go. I'm glad you got up there and enjoyed it. The kids are so darling in these pixs.

Bethany said...

Looks like fun!

Monica said...

I love bear lake! It is a beautiful lake and a great place to camp! By the way, I love your swim suit! Where did you get it?