Sunday, June 08, 2008

E.R. Visit

 

Back on Friday, May 16th, our family went to a small local zoo. After taking our time looking at all of the animals, Brian noticed the playground on the other side of the fence. He begged us to let him out of his stroller. So, Sam and Brian ran off to play. As I was pushing Tyler over to the playground, I saw Brian trip and fall. He hit the edge of the step and immedately started crying. Sam checked out the damage and it was more severe than expected. Brian had a deep cut about a half inch long on his forehead! It looked deep enough that we thought it might need to be stitched up. Good thing we had band-aids in the car. (We had just moved to town the previous week and didn't know where the hospital was). We found it without too much trouble and took Brian to the Emergency Room. (Strange, but the E.R. was on the second floor)! The doctor came in and took a quick look at the cut. The doctor gave Brian a shot to numb the area. I was the one holding Brian down while they put in the stitches. Brian had 5 stitches on top and a couple stitches under the skin. Brian was such a good patient. He didn't cry at all! Towards the end, he just got a little squirmy. Anyway, they had us keep his forehead bandaged for 5 days. I caught Brian removing the bandage and picking at his stitches, so I put an extra piece of waterproof tape across the bandage for more protection. After the stitches were taken out, Sam let Brian pick out a new hat. Brian picked the Superman hat. I tell Brian that he has a "Harry Potter scar." This injury hasn't bothered him at all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

BTW cute pictures from Kiddie's. I bet they had fun though. You cant beat free pictures right. Anyways you look great and aw poor little guy. My little guys always get hurt. Anyways well have fun.

Here Dwells Happiness said...

Ouchie, it looks like Brian's head injury really hurt. I think I would have cried. What a brave little boy!