Sunday, June 01, 2008

Baby Ben's Blessing Day!

We picked up Grandma Hallstrom this morning and drove down to Provo. The first person that I saw when we got inside the church was my friend Maddy Egbert. (Maddy and Bryce use to live in the same apartment complex as we did). I finally got to meet their adorable 5 1/2 month old boy, Britton. It was fun to catch up with them and see them one more time before they move to Virgina for med school. Anyway, Jenny and Seth had alot of family members who came for the baby blessing: my little family, my sister, Amy, our Grandma Hallstrom, Seth's parents, grandparents, two of his brothers, some aunts and uncles, and a few cousins. Right as the baby blessing began, Brian threw a fit. (Of course Brian had to get upset at the worst possible time). Luckily, right as I took Brian out to the hall, he calmed down. I propped the door open with my foot and got to hear most of the blessing. Benjamin's blessing was beautiful. Afterward, all of us went to Seth's grandparents lovely home in Springville for lunch. We had sub sandwiches with all the trimmings as well as some tasty cookies and brownies. I'm so glad I was there for such a special occassion.
The Olson Family - Seth, Jenny, Benjamin
Proud Mommy, Jenny & Benjamin
The Hallstrom Crew - Tyler, Sam, Brian, Lisa, Jenny, Amy, Benjamin, Seth, Grandma Hallstrom

3 comments:

Ali said...

What a beautiful family get-together. :) That is sweet that you picked Grandma Hallstrom up and she got to come down and all. He IS a cute baby.

Monica said...

Baby blessings are always such a sweet special time!

Anonymous said...

Ben just came to Horseheads. I got to hold him. He is SUPER cute. He looks alot like Jenny.



-Ryan Hallstrom