Friday, April 18, 2008

We LOVE Great Grandma Hallstrom!!!

A few weeks ago, I was trying to remember the last time we went to visit my Grandma Hallstrom. Wow...the last time we were there was last year on Memorial Day! So, this past Tuesday, we went to visit my Grandma for the day. It was sunny when we left our place and snowing when we arrived at Grandma's. I couldn't believe it was snowing in the middle of April! Grandma fed us a very nice ham dinner. We certainly like visiting her. She is a very energetic person and always looks for the best in others. Can you believe she is 77 years old?! I think 77 looks great on her! Thanks again for letting us come to visit! My Grandma was so excited to see all of us! Of course the person she was most excited to meet was her newest great grandchild! Anyway, we had fun introducing Tyler to his Great Grandma Hallstrom. Grandma was so cute with Tyler. She was trying to have a little conversation with him. She asked Tyler, "Where were you just 6 months ago?! Where you in heaven?" Then Tyler gave her a great big smile and Grandma said, "Yes, you were in heaven. I bet you are just SO happy to be alive!" Grandma and Brian are buddies. Grandma watched Brian over night a couple times. So they know each other pretty well. They had fun looking at stereo pictures (kind of like slides) in a special viewfinder. I was amazed at how much Brian enjoyed just sitting on her lap, looking at pictures, and listening to Grandma tell him about who was in each picture. That kept him enterained for about 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Ali said...

That is neat! I'm glad you got to go visit...that's a long drive, but worth it, huh? I love being around your Grandma too- She IS full of energy. I'll never forget last summer when she came for the boys' homecomings and she was so exited to go to Disneyland and she went in her polyester nice pants and HEELS...and walked around Disneyland for the hours in those heels like it didn't phase her at all. When it was closing, she was still rearing to go and my feet were more tired than ever and I was in TENNIES!! She's so fun.