Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Dear Elder Hallstrom

April 6, 2016

Dear Elder Hallstrom,

Thank you for the beautiful calligraphy written letter you sent us a few months ago.  How do you like your new companionship?  Tell us about where you live and more about the ward there.  Please share the packet I sent you at the MTC with the Primary kids.  We'd love to hear back from them!  

Life has been a whirlwind lately, but life has been good.  I am a substitute teacher at the best preschool in the valley.  I subbed one day so far.  It's nice that Julia gets to come with me and learn and play.  If a permanent position pops up, I want it... so Julia could go to preschool for free.   I love how well behaved the kids are and that the teachers teach them how to read before going to kindergarten.  Mark, Blue (the dog), and Tristan Gilmore came up to our  house for Easter.  We invited Nathan Kristjanson to join us for Easter dinner too.  (Nathan goes to Utah State University in Logan).  Those college boys sure know how to eat and my kids love being entertained by them.  Our ward had an egg hunt the day before Easter.  It was the best one yet... a guy brought a remote controlled plane (that he made) filled with candy filled Easter eggs, flew the plane around in the sky for a few minutes, and opened a hatch that released the eggs.  They dropped from the sky.  Little parachutes opened as the eggs made their way down to the church parking lot.  We all thought that was the coolest thing ever!  

Five of the six of us took our turns getting flu like symptoms for the day over spring break.  Sam was the lucky one who didn't get sick.  He took care of everything on Sunday when I was sick in bed watching General Conference and resting.  This summer, we have a Ward Family Reunion in Eden, Utah (up the the mountains east of Ogden).  We're also planning a trip to Colorado late July to see Jenny's family and Sam's brother's family.  I'll be signing the boys up for swimming lessons and Katie will probably take a 5 week ballet class this summer.  Katie has been begging me for about a year to try ballet.  Julia is so fun these days.  She's super independent, loves all the Disney princesses, and loves to color.  I'm soaking up all of the cute things she does everyday.  Brian is 11 now and will start Jr. High this fall.  He decided to join the band and play percussion.  Brian still loves baking with me and is determined to open up his own bakery one day.  He already has his plot of land picked out in Logan to build the bakery.  Talk about a boy with vision and a plan!  Tyler loves hanging out with his friends in our backyard... soccer, trampoline, making up games are his favorite things to do back there.  Sam is still working hard.  His work just released a new rugged handheld computer called the Mesa 2.  I wish I remembered some of the cool features it has so I could tell you.  I've been doing a lot of sorting through stuff around here... organizing and getting rid of things we don't use anymore.  I really don't like having stuff that we don't need/use taking up space.  I'm super excited that the weather is finally nice.  Sam bought himself a grill!  We've already had a couple of BBQ's so far.  In a few weeks, we're ordering a sweet table for the patio.

We hope this letter finds you well.  Have you been able to watch General Conference yet?  It was a really great Conference.  One of my favorite quotes from Conference was by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland who said, "Keep loving.  Keep trying.  Keep trusting.  Keep believing.  Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever."

Love you so much,
Lisa, Sam, Brian, Tyler, Katie, and Julia

No comments: