Monday, April 07, 2014

Mommy Daughter Date

 On March 22nd, Katie and I treated ourselves to a fancy date.  We met our friends, Meka Hilton and her daughter, Eden at the Eccles Theatre downtown.  We watched the ballet of Sleeping Beauty.  It was our first time to the ballet and we loved it.  We had excellent seats in the front row of the balcony. 
We attended the matinee and the place was filled with mostly mothers with their little daughters.  The ad said "Princess attire is encouraged" so Katie and I decided to dress up.  I wore my only super fancy dress, my prom dress, and Katie wore her ballet attire (even though she doesn't take ballet.) 

After the ballet, we drove up the hill to the Logan Temple.  When Katie saw the temple out the window, she started to sing, "I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday.  To feel the holy spirit. To listen and to pray.  For the temple is a house of God, a place of love and beauty.  I'll prepare myself while I am young.  This is my sacred beauty (duty)."  That moment was just so precious and I sure hope that even though, Katie is only 3 years old, that she will remember our afternoon together.  I love my Katie Girl!

No comments: