Thursday, March 06, 2014

Thankful Thursday Is Back!

It's been at least a couple of years since I've written any Thankful Thursday posts.  I think it was a good thing and I am going to start it up again on this blog.

Today, I am thankful for:

1.  My Wonderful Husband.  Sam is one of the most patient people that I know.  It has been a hard adjustment for me becoming a family of six.  I have felt completely overwhelmed in most aspects of my life.  I guess you could say that families can go through some growing pains.  Sam has taken over more duties than usual to give me a break and I am so blessed to have such a strong and understanding man on my side.  He just wants what is best for me and wants me to be happy and live a fulfilling life.  I have started to see myself slowly make adjustments to improve my state of mind.


2.  My Children.  I was 21 and Sam was almost 23 when we got married.  Almost 2 years after our big day, we welcomed our first child, a son, Brian, into our family.  I was so excited to be a mother.  This whole motherhood thing was much more difficult than I thought it would be.  It is very rewarding to be a stay at home mom, but this job comes with it's own set of challenges.  I have learned to be thankful for the children that I have been given.  Each child has their own personality and their own mission in life.  It is up to my husband and I to bring out the best qualities in each other and our children so that they will have the strength and confidence to share our best selves to the world.

3.  Beauty right outside my front door.  So grateful that I know how to use my camera to capture beauty right outside my front door.  I consider photography a great blessing in my life.  When I pick up my camera, my creative juices start flowing.  I see things in a completely different way when I am behind the lens.  I just love it!

No comments: