Sunday, April 07, 2013

General Conference - April 2013

On Saturday, Sam watched Katie and Tyler at home while the rest of us went down to Salt Lake City for General Conference.  Thanks, Sam!
Now that Brian is 8 years old, he is old enough to attend sessions 
of General Conference in the Conference Center.  
My dad had tickets for us to sit by them.  
We had great seats towards the front part of the center balcony.  
Brian did quite well and stayed in his seat for the whole 2 hour session.  
I'm glad that I snuck a little candy in my purse and had a notebook and pen that he could doodle in.  
my sister, Laura, my cousin Scott's wife, Angela, me, and my cousin, Sharon
Afterward, we met up with more family for dinner at the City Creek Mall.  There were 10 of us in our group.  Then it was time to say good-bye to my dad and to Ryan.  They flew back to New York this morning.  
Brian in Temple Square with his Grandpa Hallstrom and Uncle Ryan
Before leaving Salt Lake, Brian insisted that we ride an elevator.  
My grandma suggested that we take the elevator to the 10th floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial building and have Brian check out the nice view of the Salt Lake Temple from there.  
It was so great to have my oldest boy with me for a special mommy-son date. 
 Brian enjoyed all of the extra attention from me.  
We drove Grandma Hallstrom and Uncle Calvin back home.  Grandma invited us in for some mint chocolate chip ice cream.  Brian couldn't say no to ice cream and staying up past his bedtime.  It sure was a memorable day.

Here are a few of my favorite thoughts from General Conference this weekend:  
Photo credit: Deseret Book

No comments: