Monday, April 08, 2013

Cherish Them

I'm trying to do a better job at soaking in special moments with my kids.  I'm trying my best to really focus on what my kids tell me throughout the day.  I want them to feel heard and I want them to know that I really want to know what they have to say.  I would hate for them to feel like I'm ignoring them or that I don't care about what they're excited to share with me.  Being an attentive listener is important to me.  One of my favorite times a day is between 7 and 7:30pm.  We have our pajamas on and we snuggle (a.k.a. "snug") on the couch and watch a little TV before bedtime.  My two youngest get to "snug" a little longer than my oldest because he reads and practices his spelling words with his dad.  I make sure to have my arms around them and plant kisses on their cheeks.  Big hugs are shared before Dad whisks them off to their bedrooms.  Dragging her favorite "ganket" (blanket) behind her, Katie runs to her dad when the time comes to get ready for bed.  When she gets to the bottom of the stairs, Katie remembers to run back to me to give me a big huge hug and a kiss.  
I cherish my kids.  Oh yes I do!

No comments: