Thursday, March 07, 2013

My Profession

Until I saw this quote, I never really thought about child rearing as a profession.  
I thought of child rearing as my responsibility (and at times obligation) to my family.
I was not one of those little girls that played mommy all the time 
and daydreamed of my days as a mother.
Sure, I knew that eventually I'd get married and raise a family.
But to claim to others that child rearing is my profession... now that sounded strange to me.
The time came that I sat down and brainstormed all the wonderful things 
that come along with child rearing, and my attitude completely changed.
Now I am proud to claim child rearing as my profession.
Sure there are some major things in my profession that I don't enjoy, 
but the benefits outweigh the inconveniences.  
The health and happiness of my family is of the utmost importance to me.
As my children get older, there is always some tweaking to be done to help things run smoothly.
I'm proud of my family and hope that the contributions that I make are somehow making a difference.


No comments: