Tuesday, February 26, 2013

New Church Calling

Most of my married life, my church callings have been in Primary.  
All last year and the beginning of this year, I've been teaching the 9-10 year old class.  
About a month ago, the bishop asked to meet with me in his office and 
extended the call to me to be the second Sunday Relief Society instructor.  
This calling totally came out of the blue.  
The kids in my Primary class were sad to see me go and a 
couple of the girls gave me little gifts on my last day of teaching them... how sweet!
I taught my first Relief Society lesson this month.  
Having never taught adults before, I was nervous teaching this lesson.
I had a good 40 minutes to teach.  
I'm sure I'll get better at this whole teaching thing eventually.

1 comment:

becky ward said...

one of the best callings ever. you learn so much! have fun.