Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Halloween Festivities

Happy Halloween!
Here's some of our lovely Halloween decor.
My kids loved it when I read "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" to them.

We invited Grandma Hallstrom to join us for Brian's school Halloween parade.
One of Tyler's best buddies, Jack, was dressed up as a greaser.

Brian gave me the cutest smile and surprised look on his face when he saw us.
Brian didn't know that we would be at the parade.
I wish I would have captured that look on camera/in a video.  
I did get him parading around with his class though.

MVI 1086 from Lisa Ward on Vimeo.

Here's Tyler after his preschool's Halloween party.  (Teacher Kareen is behind him).  
The class came out to show off their costumes and sing songs for us.
Tyler was D.O.N.E. for the day and wanted nothing to do with singing.
He wouldn't even stand up there with his classmates.
That Tyler has a mind of his own.
The songs were cute though.
Katie dressed up as an adorable little dancer!
Her new thing, when prompted at the right moment, is to twirl around in circles.
Music is optional.  So is her willingness to twirl.  She has to be in the right mood.
Katie waiting patiently for the trick-or-treaters to show up.

Every Halloween afternoon around 4pm, there is trick-or-treating at Sam's work for the all the kids/grandkids of the employees.  My kids' Halloween baskets were overflowing after spending a half hour there.  On the 10 minute drive home, the kids fast and furiously shoved candy in their mouths.

Despite all the candy eating, we managed to polish off
this pumpkin shaped pizza when Daddy got home.

The weather was just perfect for trick-or-treating this year.
Sam and I had fun taking our kids trick-or-treating in our neighborhood.
Our neighborhood is great and some people go all out with their decorations.
Maybe next year I won't feel so exhausted by the end of the day and I'll take some fun pictures of the actual trick-or-treating process.
 October sunset view from our front porch

Anyway, Brian was cute in the way he asked every single candy-giving person, "Can I get a candy for my baby?"  He sure knows how to take care of Katie.  Katie enjoyed the evening from her stroller.
And Tyler was great at telling all the candy-givers, "Thank you!  Happy Halloween!"
Full moon in our backyard!

No comments: