Friday, August 10, 2012

I Feel...


GROGGY.
I've been staying up too late just for the sake of having some "me" time.
Everyone else in my house is sleeping, but I'm up thinking, cleaning, checking up on friends' blogs, etc.
This is a horrible habit of mine... staying up too late.
It's bound to catch up with me.
But it feels so nice to be able to think my own thoughts 
without being distracted every other second.
If only I had the discipline to get to bed earlier and get up before everyone else.
How nice would it be to actually be showered, dressed, and ready 
for the day before my kids were awake?!
Yeah, switching my "me" time from late at night to early mornings 
sounds like a wonderful plan.
I could see myself being a happier person if I took the time 
to take care of my needs before the rest of my family woke up each morning.  
That way, I could "forget myself and go to work."
My family needs and deserves better than what I've been offering.

"Once she stopped rushing through life, 
she was amazed how much more life she had time for."

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like you and I are thinking the same thing. Good luck to being an early riser.

Lindsay said...

You got a lot of blogging done. I was behind too, so I played some catch up tonight after putting the girls to bed. It looks like Laura is happy and feeling much better. We need to catch up as well. I feel like Katie has grown up to fast just like Addie has.