Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Thousand Gifts Challenge - Continued




22.  Reading Time.  I love it when all of our kids are in the mood to snuggle up on the couch and read a good kid book or two.  Our current favorites are from the library are "Ants in Her Pants" and "Curious George Goes to Jail."  We've read them both so many times that we have parts of them memorized.
23.  Fresh fruit.  Strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, watermelon, raspberries, etc.  Mmmm all around!  My kids and I made up our own thing... fruit swords (skewered fruit).  A new favorite snack at our house.  
24.  Painted Fingers and Toes... make me feel pretty.  What color do you think is adorning my fingers and toes?  Why red, of course!  It's just one of my favorite colors.  I should really take the time to paint my fingers and toes more often.  Oh, and I can't leave Katie out of this one!   
25.  Big Backyard.  For our neighborhood, we have one of the bigger backyards.  I should really plan more get togethers in our backyard.
26.  A plethora of parks.  There are several parks scattered throughout our valley.  Ones with lots of shade, no shade, cool ones with water, parks with awesome views, etc.  I think it'd be fun to make a checklist of all the parks in the valley and make it a point to visit, or at least drive by each park.  Hmmm... I wonder how many parks are in the valley?  Guess there's only one way to find out... research.
27.  Sunshine makes me happy
28.  Mountains are so pretty in every season.
29.  Bear Lake - our favorite family getaway for the day.  Can't beat a day at the beach followed by raspberry shakes.
30.  The way that I view the world through the photos I take on my camera.
31.  Tony Grove - reminds me of the lake at Camp Tuscarora in upstate NY where I attended Girls Camp.
32.  Instagram - my current favorite app on my iPhone
33.  Sidewalk Chalk - easy entertainment for the kids.

No comments: