Sunday, June 24, 2012

Dear Uncle Mark

Dear Uncle Mark (Elder Hallstrom),


This is Brian.  I am in a playground group that meets every Monday-Friday from 1-5pm at a park close to my house.  My favorite person there is Mr. Trevor.  We play play games, eat snack, have water days on Fridays, do crafts, and later on we'll have field trips.  It's so fun.  On Thursday, my best friend, Caleb came to my house to play.  Caleb moved to a new house last year and we always have fun playing together.  We played outside with him.  

This is Tyler Jacob.  (Tyler insists on being called by his first and middle names now.)  I like to turn on the sprinkler and put it under the trampoline and jump on top.  It's fun to do.  Last night, I went to dad's work party and I won a FOOTBALL.  Even though I already have a football, this one is better because it's a NIKE football.  I carry both of these footballs and my other favorite toys around in my orange backpack.  At the work party, we ate yummy food and then after they handed out the prizes, we went swimming at the Aquatic Center (small water park.)  Last Saturday, we went to a big family reunion in Salt Lake City.  I got lucky again and won a big strong Star Wars kite.  Then we spent the rest of the day at Grandma and Grandpa Ward's house with some aunts, uncles, and cousins.  We played with a bubble machine in their backyard.  I miss you, Uncle Mark.  You are one of my best friends.  You are SO COOL and I'm proud of you for being a missionary.  

This is Katie.  I am a good girl most of the time.  I sleep in most mornings at eat breakfast around 9:30-10am.  I still have this awful scream that I let out if I'm not getting my way.  I am learning how to talk more.  My hair is the exact same color as my mommy's hair and it has grown down past my shoulders.  I nap in the afternoon.  I don't like going swimming, although I must say that I look really cute in my zebra striped swim suit.  Tyler can make me laugh the most.  He's funny.  And just like my brothers did when they were my age, I hate wearing a diaper.  Even duct taping down the front tabs on my diaper is no obstacle for me.  My mom and dad put my footy pajamas on backwards on purpose when I go to bed.  They've found that it's the only way to make me keep that blasted diaper on.  No, I don't want to use the big potty yet.  Oh well.  I like taking baths with my brothers.

This is Lisa.  My kids sure do keep me on my toes.  By the end of the day, I just have to sit down for a bit to catch my breath.  Next week, I plan on signing up for a 2 month, self study photography class.  I'm excited for the class and for the neat things that I will learn.  I'm learning how to use a new photo editing software that I won in CA... Adobe Lightroom 4.  I'm planning a bridal shower for Laura.  It will be held in Provo sometime in July.  And next weekend, I'm inviting the kids in my Primary class (9 and 10 year olds) to our house for an ice cream party.  I gave them an assignment to complete before they come... to tell the class (they can type it up if they want) all about their favorite Book of Mormon hero.  Anyway, I'm going to make homemade mint Oreo ice cream and some monkey bread.  I bet those kids will just want to hang out on in the backyard on the swing set and trampoline most of the time.  I'm on the Relief Society Planning Committee.  For our upcoming July activity, we are having a couple of the Young Men teach us how to do Family History indexing online.  That should be interesting.     

This is Sam (well Lisa writing for Sam).  I have been working extra long hours at work the past couple months.  It's all paid off though because this week, I got a raise at work!  I'm still one of the Electronic Engineer Technicians.  I enjoy my job.  It's neat to be a part of the newest technology in rugged handheld computers.  In church, I'm serving in the Sunday School presidency.  They occasionally have me teach the gospel principles class.  My boys like to have me take them on bike rides around the neighborhood.  Their favorite route, they call, "the special trail" which is just a dirt road on the edge of our neighborhood.  The boys and I also like to go to the Aquatic Center together and jump on our trampoline.  For a few days in mid August, our family will be going to Yellowstone National Park with my family for a reunion.   

It's hard for me to remember what stuff we've already told you about.  I hope there isn't too much repeat info in there.  Keep emailing us every week.  It's fun to hear what you've been up to.  It'd be fun to hear about some stories of you and your companion just out and about meeting/visiting people.  I'm sure life is different out there in CA.  

Love, Lisa and Family

2 comments:

Giles Fam said...

Oh how fun! Where is your brother serving?

Lisa said...

Ventura CA Mission - Spanish Speaking