Saturday, May 26, 2012

Words of Wisdom - The Artist's Way Edition

The Artist's Way - A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity 
by Julia Cameron

This book is for artists who feel like their creativity is blocked.
Julia takes artists through a rigorous 12 week course.
A course that requires sacrifices... like
 waking up early to record 3 handwritten pages of stream of conciousness thoughts, to exercise, to go to bed at a decent hour, to take yourself on Artist Dates, to thinking way back about your childhood and how certain people have influenced you and your sense of yourself.
By the completion of the course, artists should feel that they have unblocked their creativity.   

Here is a list of the topics that are discussed in those 12 weeks.

Recovering a Sense of:

- Safety
- Identity
- Power
- Integrity
- Possibility
- Abundance
- Connection
- Strength
- Compassion
- Self Protection
- Autonomy
- Faith

"The capacity for delight is in the gift of paying attention."  - Julia Cameron

taken in the Walmart parking lot of Ithaca, New York


I enjoyed reading this book.  It was filled with powerful thoughts that really made me stop and think about my life and the thoughts that I have.  I feel that this book has made me realize that a more creative life is within my grasp.

No comments: