Sunday, May 13, 2012

Embrace the Camera/ Words of Wisdom - Mother's Day Edition

I had plans to write a big LONG post about motherhood and the new attitude I'm trying to adopt.  Here's the short version: So what, my house is usually A MESS... my kids NEED me.  I love spending quality time with my family.  I'm trying much harder to forget my to do list and concentrate more on making their childhoods ones filled with memories of me playing with them, exploring with them, teaching them, and LOVING them.  I want my kids to know that they are my favorite people (next to Sam, of course).  This summer is going to be a fun one, gosh darn it!  There's going to be more play dates at the park, more family pizza nights at the splash pad, backyard camping, more nature walks, etc.  
In case you were wondering, here's how my Mother's Day went.  Brian burst through our bedroom door at 6:57AM with his precious Mother's Day card and gift (a bookmark with a cute poem on it).  He was SO excited to give it to me.  The front of the card had a rainbow on it.  The inside said, "Dear Mom, I whant you to jomp on the tampoline with me.  Love, Brian."  Poor Sam is sick with a bad cold.  He hardly slept at all last night.  I had to take care of all the normal motherly duties today.  I made crepes for breakfast, put together a new Book of Mormon puzzle together with the boys, watched 17 chapters of the new Book of Mormon DVD that we got, and made tacos for dinner.  Sam stayed home from church with Katie.  My boys and I walked to church and back.  The boys behaved so good at church.  I was impressed.  Sam surprised me with a beautiful pot of pink, red, and purple flowers.  I think I'm going to divide them up into two pots and put them out on the front porch with our cute little wooden kid bench (that I plan on repainting).  Today was a good day.  It's nice to know that I'm loved and appreciated.
*  *  *

And just because I love quotes, I'll leave you with these fabulous thoughts:

Being a full-time MOTHER is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field since the payment is 
{PURE LOVE}
~Mildred B. Vermont




To see more EBC posts, click HERE.

3 comments:

becky ward said...

sorry sam was sick. that isn't ideal, but it seems like you made the best of it! happy mothers day. tyler looks so grown up in that picture.

Lindsay said...

Lisa, great post, I think in a way we as mothers need to do more of that.Oh and whatever you did to your hair for that picture, do it again because you look hot!!! (and if you didn't do anything special it looks like you gave yourself some volume, so you should do that!!!)

Jessa said...

beautiful message and so true. Happy Mother's Day!