Thursday, March 01, 2012

Emily and Nate's Wedding Story!

We always wanted Emily to find her own Mr. Wonderful.
 And she sure did.
Emily's friend, Amy told her that she needed to get to know this Nate Jagoda guy.
Problem was that Emily lived in New York and Nate lived in Minnesota.
So Emily was brave and started sending Nate emails.  
The emails led to frequent phone calls, which then lead to Nate sending Emily several bouquets of these:
After several months of "phone dating," Nate hopped on a plane to New York to finally meet Emily in person.
They had a great time.
Soon after Nate's trip, Emily flew to Minnesota to meet his family.
Emily and Nate fell in love.  
They decided to get married in the Palmyra New York Temple 
of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

 

Bright and early on the morning of February 11th, 2012...
my older sister, Emily eagerly awoke to prepare for one of the happiest days of her life... 
HER WEDDING DAY!


Emily's parents LOVED her first...
and so did her protective brothers and sisters.

(Sidenote: My baby bro is STILL taller than my baby sis in her sassy black 4 inch heels! Wowzers!)

Nate Jagoda LOVES Emily too!
Their wedding ceremony in the Palmyra Temple was just beautiful.  
Brother Tanner, from the Elmira Ward, was their sealer.
There was an overwhelming feeling of happiness that day.
Check out those sweet burgundy shoes and Emily's amazing dress!
It was a cold, windy, snowy February day at the Palmyra Temple.

That evening, there was an lovely Open House for the newlyweds. 
It was fun to see so many people from the area I grew up.  
I must say it was a challenge to be social while also being on mommy duty and photo duty.  
Lucky for me, Emily's friend, Ashley was the main photographer of the day. 

 My brother, Mike.

First Daddy Daughter Dance for Katie!

 I know that these photos don't prove that there were many people in attendance,
but let me assure you that the house was full of well wishers... around 125 people.

 The wedding cake was amazing.  
The cake lady claimed this was the first wedding cake she'd ever made that was adorned with real flowers.
Check out the intricate details including a single jewel in the center of each rose.  Gorgeous!

Congratulations to Emily and Nate!
Together Forever!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm so happy for Emily. She looks so happy. Also, I just realized that both of your older sisters married a Nate.

Lindsay said...

P.S. Today marks one week of internet in my house. It makes it so much easier to comment on blogs.... can you tell?

Eric and Jenny said...

What a sweet love story, I just love a happy ending. Love that they first "met" through emails, that is so sweet. What a great trip to New York you had, I am so happy you were able to go spend some time with all of your family. And I am loving all of your posts!

Mrs N said...

Oh how lovely! I'm so happy for Emily. I'm so glad too that you and your family were able to attend her wedding & reception in NY. What a beautiful event.

Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful event, I only wish I could have been ther in person.