Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ready for Fall

Apples from OUR apple tree
Fall decor and fall scents
And best of all some Fall desserts!
I LOVE FALL so much that I'm ringing in the season a couple weeks early!
 Chocolate Zucchini Cake

1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter
3 eggs
1/2 c. buttermilk
1/2 t. all spice
1/2 t. cinnamon
2 t. baking soda
4 T. cocoa
2 c. grated zucchini
1 c. white sugar
1/2 to 1 c. choc. chips
1/2 c. oil
1 t. vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. salt

1. Cream together both sugars, butter, oil
2. Add eggs.
3. Sift flour and other dry ingredients.
4. Add zucchini and stir.
5. Pour into greased and floured 9x13 cake pan.
6. Sprinkle w/ choc. chips
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 min.
 
 WHITE CHRISTMAS POPCORN
From: Sarah Orme

3 bags of Microwave Kettle Corn (popped)
2 Cups of white chocolate chips or melted chocolate
3/4 Cup of your favorite chopped nuts (we had almonds) *optional
1/2 Cup English Toffee Bits (optional)  M&Ms are also fun to mix in

Instructions:
Sort and discard the unpopped kernels from the popcorn. Combine all popcorn into one bowl. Melt chocolate in microwave at half power stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Pour chocolate over popcorn and stir with a large spoon or spatula until popcorn is evenly coated OR place in a lid over bowl and shake to coat popcorn. Add nuts (optional) and sprinkle toffee bits over popcorn and stir again. Divide the popcorn onto two cookie sheets.

You can eat the popcorn while it is gooey or wait an hour for the chocolate to set.

4 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Fall makes me so happy, so your post made me so happy!

Loved it!

So sorry I can't be at Bunko tonight. I didn't realize until last minute that Eric's schedule this semester is late on Tuesday nights. I have no idea what I am going to do about that little problem!

Jenny said...

I didn't know you had a "real" apple tree. You mentioned it a few weeks ago, but I thought you meant like a crab apple tree, where you can't eat the fruit. But yours is awesome! Make an apple pie for me!

becky ward said...

great pictures! i love fall too! the cooler weather and fragrances just make me giddy!

Kunde Family said...

Your post makes me crave pumpkin bread! Fall hasn't hit Boise yet but maybe soon!