Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Try-it-Tuesday

I know this is a dessert instead of a meal. I just couldn't resist sharing this frozen treat. It tastes like an ice cream cake. No more store bought ice cream cakes for me (not like I've ever bought one anyway). Thanks for telling me about this one, Emily!

Strawberry Whipped Sensation
(from kraftfoods.com)

Prep Time:
20 min
Total Time:
6 hr 20 min
Makes:
12 servings
4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
1 can (14 oz.) EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
8 OREO Cookies, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
LINE 9x5-inch loaf pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Mash 2 cups of the strawberries in large bowl. Add condensed milk, juice and 2 cups of the whipped topping; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
MIX chopped cookies and butter. Spoon over whipped topping mixture. Cover with ends of foil and gently press cookie mixture into whipped topping mixture. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
INVERT dessert onto serving plate when ready to serve; remove pan and foil. Spread remaining whipped topping onto top and sides of dessert. Slice remaining 2 cups strawberries; arrange over dessert. Store leftovers in freezer.

5 comments:

Elena said...

Hey, we all need a good treat once in a while. Thanks for sharing again.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

What a good one from Kraft Foods?! All I have tried are their deserts cause the meal ones never turn out.

So has anyone told you you look like Anne Hathaway?

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Okay,.I know that I have already commented but where do you get the "I belong" with the temple in the backgroung thingy??? (I do not know what those buttons are called.) Can you make them a link to the LDS Church website? Anyway, can you send me the link or tell me where you got it.
I know, a complete stranger being so demanding, but I need to know.......Thanks.

Lisa said...

to the queen in residence: check out this website. that's where i found the "I belong" button. they have several buttons to choose from

http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com/

and yes, i've been told a few times that i look like anne hathaway. i guess i should take that as a compliment :) thanks!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Okay crazy lady going away now. Thank you for the info. Cute blog too!!!