Saturday, April 09, 2022

A Recap of My 30s

    I am turning the BIG 4-0 reeeally soon!  I can't believe it!  I have lived a blessed life and I'm grateful for all of it.  My life, my family, my friends, a great place to live, for staying curious, for learning new things, for being patient with myself and others... the list could go on and on.  

    I thought it would be fun for me to recap my 30s.   My 30s were awesome!  At 30, I won a photography contest and got to fly to Southern California to attend MeRa Koh's Confidence Workshop.  It was an amazing experience and I loved meeting such fun women and learned how to sharpen my photography skills.  When I was 31, my fourth and final baby was born at the tail end of that summer.  Good thing Julia was an easy-going baby because taking care of 4 little kids is no joke!  When I was still recovering from my C-section, Katie broke her leg on the trampoline!  A couple days later, I learned that I was suffering from a kidney stone!  I had to let others help me lots durning the next 8 days as I was not to push anything or lift anything heavier than my baby.  I had to have someone help me carry Katie to the potty and help get her ready and on the bus for preschool.  While Katie wore a cast, we had to send her off to the bus in an umbrella stroller...haha.  Anyway, as you can tell, this was an exhausting year for me.  Hmmm....what else do I remember?  At 37, I finally earned it... time to myself every.single.day. the kids were in school.  It's been glorious!  I for sure don't like to waste my me time, my free time, my freedom.  I've tried out lots of new things to fill my time while the kids are at school.  Some of my favorite things to do are workout, call my family and friends, go out to lunch, take myself to a midday movie at the theater, practice my photography and handlettering, study about entrepreurship, create and deliver surprise small gifts to friends, bake, etc.  

    I can't remember specific ages of when everything happened, but other things I'll remember about my 30s is that I had a handful of short-lived, part time jobs, subbing at Wee Friends Preschool, being an Preschool Aide for Heidi Tuddenham at Woodruff Elementary.  I've really come to love chalk art and handlettering.  I've had the opportunity to start up my own business, Lisa Kay Studios and teach over 300 students so far.  I'm super proud of myself for being brave last summer and approaching Wil Wood at his Love to Cook store about possibly teaching art classes in their kitchen.  At to my surprise, he said YES!  I taught the first class of their Girls Night Series in February.  I loved every second of teaching that evening.  One thing, that I've been doing for years, is going on dates with my kids, just one at a time.  It's so fun and we've created so many memories over the years.  Quality time is my love language.  I bought each of my kids a journal that they share with me.  We write notes back and forth to each other.  When we're done writing our note, we leave it on the other person's bed to discover.  It's been a fun tradition.  Tyler enjoys writing to me the most.

No comments: